Job Title: Sales Director
Our client have a really exciting opportunity for a Sales Director to help take them to the next level within the Food & Drink sector.
If you’re looking for a fresh challenge and to make a real difference in our client’s future, then this could be the role for you.
About the company
Our client are a small family run business that supply a broad range of quality products to the hospitality industry. They pride themselves in their exceedingly strong quality of products as well as excellent customer service. Currently within the luxury market sector, they are looking to broaden out to new markets without losing the quality that they are renowned for. Maintaining their excellent service and delivering outstanding value for money are core to their expansion proposition.
All of their products are produced from sustainable sources ensuring a real ethical and environmentally friendly ethos runs throughout the company.
Although our client is currently a small family run business, the potential for growth means future career opportunities are also significant as they start thinking about succession planning and exit strategies over the next 10 years. They have a firm view that the successful candidate should have the potential to take over as Managing Director of the business in due course.
About the role
As Sales Director, you will be responsible for delivering the Sales Strategy and achieving the growth targets. Working closely with the Marketing team to develop a joint Sales & Marketing Plan that supports the overall business plan, you will also be responsible for a team of 15 regional sales people.
You will play an integral role in determining the sales channels that will be the most effective to achieve the growth and profitability targets.
- Building a Sales & Marketing Plan that aligns to the overall Business Plan
- Monthly reporting to the Board on Sales performance ensuring a focus on actual vs plan and identifying any necessary corrective actions
- Engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Managing a team of 15 sales people
- 3+ years of Senior Sales experience within the Hospitality Sector
- Have a proven track record of exceeding targets on a regular basis
- A high degree of numerical ability
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven people management experience
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.