Our client are a leading organisation within the FinTech space and have an exciting opportunity for a General Counsel to join the team.
About The Company:
Our client are a leading organisation within the FinTech space, providing a range of services across payments, banking, gaming and technology. They are growing exponentially, with over 1000 employees across Europe and the Americas. As a business they take pride in providing excellent products to their customers, alongside developing an entrepreneurial and focused work-force.
Due to their ambitious plans for growth organically and through acquisition, over the next 5 years, in order to continue to challenge their competitors, they are looking to bring on board a General Counsel to play a key part in their team. The role will provide support, knowledge and advice working alongside key stakeholders within the business, across various functions including commercial, regulatory and risk.
General Counsel – The Role:
The role will provide legal advice to the board and executive committee on all legal matters relating to the group business and its entities. It will work to draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, and provide support on regulatory (FCA) matters. It will be involved in all areas across payments, banking, technology and gaming for the business, alongside any new product/service lines they bring into the organisation.
General Counsel – Key Responsibilities:
– Be the go-to person for all legal matters within the business
– Regularly communicate and liaise with the board and other key stakeholders on current and future matters that may affect the business
– Provide advice and support on a range of complex FCA regulatory matters and projects
– Work closely with senior executives within the business to ensure effective communication
– Assist across all functions of the business including commercial, employment, compliance and corporate matters
General Counsel – You:
– Track record of working in a General Counsel or Senior Legal role before
– Experience working with commercial contracts across payments, banking and technology
– Ability to assist across all areas of the business, with a track record of engaging with internal and external senior stakeholders
– LLB qualified. Min 10 years PQE
– Ability to build and shape a team that can adapt to the ever-changing needs of a dynamic business
General Counsel – Benefits:
– Collaborative and family friendly culture
– Play a key part in the organisation’s next phase of growth
– Work closely with the CEO, COO and other members of the board to shape an exciting culture and long-term vision for the business
To submit your CV for this exciting General Counsel opportunity, please click Apply for this Role below.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
You’ll find all our latest views from our monthly newsletter, The Executive Brief, as well as White Papers on key topics and current market issues to help you address some of the strategic challenges you face.
Read our latest blogs and market insights.