Our client is a leading national technology company looking for a Sales & Marketing Director to help them expand internationally, in particular the US and EMEA.
Role: Sales & Marketing Director – Technology
Location: South East
Salary: £100k + excellent PRP scheme
Are you an experienced sales person within the technology sector? Do you know what it takes to drive a business forward and exceed sales targets? Have you got a combination of sales and marketing insight? If so, this role could provide you with a brilliant opportunity to make a difference.
About the company
Our client is a leading UK provider of digital and technological solutions to a wide range of businesses. Forming just after the dot.com bubble burst, they have proven extremely robust through the various economic challenges since then, and continue to do so. They put this down to delivering extremely relevant and high quality services to their clients who range from sole traders through to multi-nationals. Their services range from building and hosting websites, to complete IT solutions.
Having seen significant growth over the last 5 years, they are keen to continue their expansion via an international growth strategy, and as such, require a new Sales & Marketing director to help develop and implement the sales aspects of this strategy.
About the role
You will be responsible for developing a Sales and Marketing Strategy that aligns with the overall Business Plan. In particular, you will be expected to build an entire new sales function (incorporating the existing UK sales team), that extends to cover the US and EMEA territories.
You will also be required to integrate the existing sales and marketing teams which have historically sat underneath separate functions. Overall, you will be leading an existing team of 25 people, plus any additional recruits you require.
A substantial amount of travel will be required whilst setting up the new territory sales teams in particular.
- Development and implementation of a Sales & Marketing Plan that achieves the requisite increase in turnover and profitability
- Recruiting new sales people for new territories whilst restructuring the existing marketing team to align with the sales teams
- Ensuring both the sales and marketing teams are fit for purpose in order to achieve the targeted growth in an efficient manor
- Reporting Sales & Marketing performance to the Board every month, ensuring corrective actions are proposed for any underperformance
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years successfully leading a sales team, ideally incorporating a strong marketing aspect as well
- Demonstrable evidence of exceeding sales targets
- Proven people leadership abilities including experience of restructures and team integrations
- Strong commercial awareness with a detailed eye for costs and profit
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- French and/or German language skills would be extremely advantageous
A fantastic remuneration package is available for the right person.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Sales & Marketing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.