This is an excellent opportunity for an existing Deputy/Pro-Vice Chancellor, or Head of Faculty to further their career at an ambitious University based on the West Midlands.
Role: Pro-Vice Chancellor – Higher Education
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £six figures + excellent benefits
If you’re an ambitious individual looking for a new challenge, this could be a great opportunity for you to join an expanding educational institution. Based in the West Midlands, you will have the chance to make a real difference to future generations of students.
About the University
The University has been established for over 75 years and is a leading UK institution. Catering for over 20,000 students at any one time, our client is keen to expand further, particularly in terms of attracting more lucrative overseas students who currently only make up 5% of their total intake.
Our client has an ambitious plan to increase the share of international students to 20% over the next 5 years. They are keen to provide the incoming Pro-Vice Chancellor with the responsibility of delivering this target to enable the existing Vice-Chancellor to continue their focus on delivery of the domestic student programme.
About the role
You will be responsible for engaging with the current set of international students to ascertain the developments required to attract further overseas scholars. In particular, you will be expected to identify and develop the courses likely to attract students, along with a suitable relocation and transition programme that will make the University a leading choice for overseas students.
Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, you will also be expected to have strong relationship building skills and have a willingness to travel in order to initiate and embed strategic partnerships. In addition, supporting the Vice-Chancellor on a day-to-day basis will be required.
- In-depth research with existing international students to identify future requirements
- Establishing a detailed 5 year business plan to achieve the annual targets including identifying relevant courses that will be popular and attractive to overseas scholars
- Evaluate and upgrade the existing relocation programme to ensure a warm welcome and easy transition for new international students, within a defined budget and parameters
- Developing strategic relationships and partnerships with overseas educational institutions including occasional overseas travel when required
- Supporting the Vice-Chancellor on the day-to-day running of the University
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Head of Faculty or Deputy/Pro-Vice Chancellor at a leading higher education institution
- Unequivocal commitment to delivering the highest education standards that are in the best interests of students
- Proven ability to build partnerships and strategic relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and superb commercial capabilities
An excellent salary and benefit package is on offer to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Pro-Vice Chancellor opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
For more information on any of our roles, don’t hesitate to contact us.