Our client own a number of leading UK retail brands and are seeking a high performing Operations Director to oversee all aspects of their manufacturing and distribution.
Role: Operations Director – Retail
Location: South East
Salary: £six figures + superb bonus scheme
Are you looking for an exciting role to further your career? If you’ve got multiple years retail experience and want to work for a leading UK retail brand, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to take that next step.
About the company
As a major conglomerate of leading UK retail brands, our client has built up their empire over the last 40 years through quality, innovative products and excellent service.
They pride themselves in ensuring customer service is second to none, which has enabled them to not only survive, but thrive amongst an extremely competitive and financially challenging sector.
As one of the first organisations to develop an online offering across their retail group, this aspect of their operation delivers over 40% of their overall turnover and has been fine tuned over the years to ensure maximum efficiency.
About the role
As Operations Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all of the operational elements of the Group. This will include the manufacturing processes, the end-to end distribution (from manufacturer to retailers), as well as the online delivery aspects.
You will require a keen eye for reducing costs and delivering efficiencies at every step of every process. However, an unwavering commitment to the customer will be expected, with a constant appetite for challenging the status quo, and identifying process and logistical improvements.
Overall, you will lead over 100 people across a number of different teams and brands, reporting in directly to the Group CEO and sitting on the Group Board.
- Developing and implementing a 5 year Strategic Group Operation Plan identifying key areas of efficiencies and quality improvements
- Leading multiple teams of people across multiple businesses and brands
- Effective and efficient management of multi-million pound budgets
- Relationship management of strategic manufacturing and supplier relationships
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience of leading a multi-million pound retail distribution operation
- Proven ability to achieve efficiencies that improves the end customer experience
- Exceptional people leadership skills
- A keen eye for detail and an outstanding commitment to seeking continuous improvement
- Superb financial acumen and commercial capability
The right person for this role will receive a superb remuneration package incorporating a significant bonus and share participation scheme.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Operations Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
For more information on any of our roles, don’t hesitate to contact us.