Job Title: Non-Executive Chairman
Are you currently a Non-Executive Chairman or Non-Executive Director with experience in the Manufacturing or Building Materials Industries? Are you looking for a strategic growth-focussed post to add to your portfolio?
About the company:
Our client is a privately-owned, manufacturer of specialist drainage solutions catering to House Building, Water, and Commercial/Industrial Sectors. The business has been established for over 10 years and has made excellent progress penetrating the existing drainage market with new technology.
About the role:
To guide the business through their next phase of growth, our client is now looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Chairman with a strong commercial bias. You will be involved in designing and setting a clear strategy for the business in line with current and future growth plans. This will be based around the core business but also exploring the potential of new markets and sales channels.
- Lead the Board, set its Board Agenda which should be primarily focussed on strategy, performance and values.
- Promote a culture of openness and debate – managing the Board’s relationship with the executives and in particular with the Managing Director to ensure the Board is an effective working group.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and probity, to set clear expectations concerning the company’s culture, values and behaviours, as well as the style and tone of Board discussions.
- Take responsibility for the Board’s composition, development and succession planning.
- Extensive knowledge of the specification sales channel.
- Extensive knowledge of the Manufacturing and Building Materials field
- Experience within a growth-focussed Non-Executive Chairman or Non-Executive Director role
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Experience with house builders and utility businesses desirable
To express interest in this exciting Non-Executive Chairman opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Non-Executive Chairmen and Non-Executive Directors with experience in manufacturing and building materials are all welcomed to apply for this exciting opportunity.