This innovative software development business are looking for a new Managing Director to take over from the retiring founder of the business. With products focussed in the engineering sector, this business has grown substantially over the last 3 years and has a further growth strategy planned for the next 3 years.
Role: Managing Director – Software
Location: South West
Salary: £negotiable + equity
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to make their mark in a rapidly growing small business. With the right experience, you could be the right person to make a real difference.
About the company
Our client has been developing innovative market leading software for the engineering sector for over 30 years, having been founded by the existing Managing Director who is now looking to retire. It has grown incrementally year on year since its inception but has seen a steep incline in growth over the last 3 years in particular and the planned trajectory is for this to continue even more over the next 3-5 years.
Historically, the business has focused on a client based located heavily across the South of England, however, the recent expansion has seen a more nationwide focus and the future expansion also relies on achieving a broader geographic client base.
Employing over 20 people, including 12 software engineers, the company has a lovely family feel to it along with a very open and honest culture. All employees work in the same open plan office based in the South West, and there are regular team events and incentives that actively boosts morale and productivity.
About the role
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Business Strategy for the next 3-5 years which will include a requirement for significant additional resourcing across a number of areas including sales, marketing and software engineers.
As Managing Director, you will also be a major client facing asset for the business, building strong industry partnerships and client relationships. As a result, a substantial amount of travel will be required as a core element of developing strategic relationships.
A continual focus on the business finances will be required and the existing Managing Director is looking at a one year transition period before stepping away from the business completely.
- Developing a Business Strategic Plan to achieve the projected growth targets
- Partner and client relationship building and subsequent management
- Leading a team of people with a mixed and often niche skill set
- Review of existing business structure and adapting to be fit for purpose going forward
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading a £2m+ turnover business
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving significant year on year growth
- Clear people leadership skills
- Strong background within the software sector – in addition, engineering industry experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and financial acumen
- Superb commercial awareness and capabilities
The remuneration package on offer for the right person is second to none, including a substantial equity stake in the business.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Managing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.