Our client are a global manufacturer of Security and Access Control systems based in the North West. They are looking for a new Managing Director to lead their business and expand their growth within the European markets in particular.
Role: Managing Director – Manufacturing
Location: North West
Salary: £six figures + excellent bonus scheme
Have you got strong experience leading a manufacturing business? Are you an expert in the B2B Security market? If so, this could be the role for you.
About the company
Founded more than 2o years ago, our client has a multi-national base of customers that currently generates a £5m annual turnover. However, 75% of this comes from UK based organisations and our client is keen to expand and grow their business through an increase in overseas turnover in particular. There is a recognition that the UK market is extremely competitive and saturated, so our client sees Europe as the main target market to achieve significant growth.
Based in the North West and with over 100 employees, this organisation produces top quality security and access control products to a wide range of businesses including a number within the FTSE 100. Having started at the smaller end of the market, over the last 10 years they have achieved profitable growth by focusing on larger sized businesses and are now keen to do this in Europe as well.
About the role
As Managing Director, you will be expected to identify and implement the growth strategy for achieving a doubling of turnover within the next 5 years. You will also be responsible for overseeing a distribution strategy that is likely to include the formation of a European sales force with personnel based remotely in strategically important countries.
As the leader of the business, you will be expected to undertake a significant amount of travel to help initiate and develop relationships with key prospects as well as pitch for business to these prospects. Ensuring growth is undertaken on an efficient basis will be critical, maintaining profitability throughout the expansion period.
- Development and implementation of a five year Strategic Growth Plan to deliver a £10m+ turnover by year 5
- Building a European sales team with remote based sales people located within specified countries
- Extensive travel to develop and build strategic relationships
- Continual delivery of the underlying profit
- Review of current manufacturing processes and identifying areas of improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years successfully overseeing a manufacturing business with an international presence
- Strong background in the security and access control industry
- Proven experience in building a sales team
- Accreditation of process improvement methodologies such as LEAN or Six Sigma would be extremely beneficial as would French or Spanish language ability
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Managing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.