Having developed an ambitious expansion plan for the foreseeable future, our client are looking for a Managing Director with strong B2B experience to implement the strategy and achieve significant growth over the next 5-10 years.
Role: Managing Director – Manufacturer of Fire Safety Equipment
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £negotiable + excellent bonus and benefits
If you’re looking for that next career move and you’ve got multiple years experience of leading a business in the B2B sector, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the company
Our client are a leading UK manufacturer of fire and safety equipment, supplying organisations of all shapes and sizes across the country. They have a particularly strong footprint in the healthcare and hospitality sectors. However, they are now looking to expand across more sectors, in particular the retail and leisure industries, and require a new Managing Director to lead them on their future journey.
Established in the 1980’s, our client has grown from being an owner managed business to a broader ownership model consisting of a number of private equity investors. The business has stagnated over the last 5 years or so resulting in the current situation and proposed growth strategy.
About the role
You will be responsible for delivering the Business Strategy over the next 5-10 years. The expansion plan includes additional investment to support an increase in manufacturing volume, as well as a significant proportion allocated to additional marketing activity and sales resources.
As Managing Director, you will be expected to drive the business forward, leading an Executive Team of 8 people as well as a wider business consisting of 50+ people across multiple functions.
- Implementing the Business Growth Strategy
- Effectively managing a multi-million pound budget
- Delivering P&L targets on a monthly basis
- Overseeing an efficient manufacturing process
- Relationship building with key strategic partners within the targeted sectors which may require extensive travel within the UK
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience of leading a B2B organisation
- Demonstrable evidence of significant growth in a competitive market
- Excellent commercial awareness and people leadership skills
- A retail and/or leisure sector background would be extremely advantageous
- Experience of Fire & Safety equipment would be an added benefit
A market leading remuneration package is available for the right person for this role.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Managing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
For more information on any of our roles, don’t hesitate to contact us.