Our client is a national distribution and logistics supplier to a wide variety of small and medium sized businesses within the engineering sector. They are looking for a new Managing Director to deliver a strategic growth plan that will enable significant expansion of their target markets.
Role: Managing Director – Distribution and Logistics
Location: North East
Salary: £negotiable + share options
Are you an expert in the B2B market? Are you ready to lead a business to the next level? Can you make the difference between incremental growth and a giant leap? If you can answer yes to all of these questions, this could be the opportunity made for you.
About the company
Founded more than 25 years ago, our client has grown to a £1m+ turnover business by focusing on delivering high quality distribution and logistical services to small and medium sized engineering businesses. Based in the North East, their excellent reputation is based on being reliable experts within the sector. However, the existing Managing Director (and founder) is looking to retire and recognises the need to target larger sized businesses in order to achieve any further significant growth.
About the role
As the de facto Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing the business strategy that aims to achieve a £10m turnover within the next 3-5 years. The existing Managing Director will remain as a Non-Executive Director in the short term to assist with the transition, with their ultimate aim being to divest their share holding within 2 years.
With over 30 employees, you will lead a structural review to ensure the business is fit for purpose to deliver the required growth over the forthcoming years. A key part of the role will include business development, in particular identifying and presenting to key prospects – assisted by the current sales team which consists of north and south regional sales managers.
- Development and implementation of a five year Strategic Growth Plan to deliver a £10m+ turnover by year 5
- Overhaul of existing business structure to ensure an efficient and effective business model going forward – critical to achieving the planned growth without significantly increasing the underlying costs
- Identification of key prospects that will help achieve the growth targets, and pitching the proposals to win the business
- Leading the team to ensure they are all on board and following the same objectives and goals
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years successfully leading a distribution business
- Proven ability to deliver exponential growth within a B2B environment
- Strong sales background with demonstrable business development expertise
- Excellent communication and people leadership skills
- Superb numerical abilities with impeccable attention to detail
- Engineering sector experience would be extremely advantageous
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Managing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.