Job Title: European Sales Director
Our client are a leading UK energy and sciences firm that provides strategic, technical and commercial advice to high-profile clients in the oil, gas and scientific-related industries. They are looking to expand into the EMEA markets and as such, require a European Sales Director to help them achieve their growth plans.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Sales Director who is looking to take on a new challenge in an exciting and innovative market. Whilst there will be a significant amount of travel required, the rewards on offer are equally significant and extremely competitive.
About the company
Our client’s commitment is to deliver a positive and enduring impact on the world – with sustainability being at the heart of everything they do. With over 200 UK employees, their expansion in to EMEA comes with a large investment budget that will deliver the resources required to successfully enter new markets quickly and in a sustainable way.
As such, they are looking to appoint a European Sales Director to manage and implement their sales strategy.
About the role
As European Sales Director, you will play a key role in reviewing and implementing the Sales Strategy that has been developed from the 5 year Strategic Business Plan. A recruitment budget is available to support the entrance into new markets and this will consist of between 5-7 people depending on where the successful candidate believes resources can be best deployed.
A significant amount of travel will be required with one day a week likely to be based from the London head office although there is a substantial amount of flexibility in working from home when not travelling or required in the head office.
- Reviewing and implementing the Sales Strategy ensuring any changes will still deliver the annual target and growth plan
- Recruitment of sales team, ensuring they get on board quickly and hit the ground running.
- Monthly reporting to the Board on actual vs target on sales, costs and profitability measures
- Prospecting and negotiating with new clients
- 3+ years in a Sales Director position
- Proven background in exceeding sales targets and ideally from a standing start
- Extensive experience in managing sales teams and reporting MI
- Knowledge of the energy sector in particular would be very beneficial.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.