This business is one of the leading providers in the facilities management sector. They have ambitious growth plans and have created a new Director of Sales & Marketing position that sits on their board to help them achieve their expansion.
Role: Director of Sales & Marketing – Facilities Management
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £six figures + excellent PRP bonus scheme
Do you want the opportunity to make a real difference to a business? Are you looking for that next challenge and step up in your career? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
About the company
Our client have been delivering high quality facilities management services to the B2B sector for the last 30 years. Predominantly based in the West Midlands, they are now looking to expand nationally to help them achieve their 5 year strategic growth plan.
They are a very family orientated business with a flat structure to the business which provides a really friendly, down-to-earth feel. The MD is the son of the business founder and is extremely accessible to all of the circa 25 employees, including three sales/business development managers and two marketing executives.
About the role
Reporting to the MD, you will be responsible for developing the Sales & Marketing Strategy that will deliver the overall Business Growth Plan. In particular, you will be expected to identify and set-up new regional home-based sales teams that will provide the required geographic coverage to meet the sales targets.
With a six figure marketing budget, you will also be expected to review and update the existing marketing channels, identifying the most efficient and effective use of spend as well as maximising the return on investment. Leading the current team of 5 people across both departments, you will be responsible for recruiting the right resources to deliver the annual plan, ensuring the Sales and Marketing teams are fully integrated and working in partnership to achieve the overall objectives.
Based in the West Midlands, you will be expected to undertake significant travel across the UK to manage the remote based sales managers as well as to deliver major client pitches. Developing and responding to tenders is a core part of the role.
- Development of a five year Sales & Marketing Plan that aligns with the Business Strategy, and translating this into a tactical annual plan for the sales and marketing teams to deliver
- Establishing and recruiting regional based sales teams to align with the required geographical coverage
- Leading sales and marketing teams ensuring they are fully integrated
- Compiling tender responses, co-ordinating with various stakeholders across the business to deliver the best possible proposal for each prospect
- Reporting performance against targets on a monthly basis to the Board, outlining reasons for any underperformance and proposing suggestions for improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years successfully leading a sales team (ideally a marketing team as well)
- Demonstrable ability of exceeding targets and growing a client base
- Strong budget management and people leadership skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong understanding of marketing channels and maximising the return on investment
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Sales & Marketing Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.