Job Title: Director of Purchasing
Our client are a leading provider of electronic products and have an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Director to help them drive down costs and free up finances to invest in future growth.
This is a great opportunity for the right calibre individual to play a leading role in enabling our client’s growth. If you’re looking for your next challenge and are keen to demonstrate your value through effective negotiation with suppliers, this could be the perfect role for you.
About the company
Our client provide a range of electronic products that are sold to a variety of distributors and retailers. However, their cost base is too high currently and out of line with their major competitors which is impacting their ability to expand into new markets and product lines.
As such, they have created a new role of Purchasing Director to ensure a greater focus on negotiating better deals with suppliers. Historically, this was a role undertaken by a mix of the Senior Leadership team, leading to inconsistent and unequal pricing.
About the role
As Purchasing Director, you will be fundamental in establishing a lower cost base for the business through tougher and more consistent negotiation practices with suppliers. The rewards will be significant for successfully achieving a measurable impact for the business.
As budget is freed up to enable investment in growth, the potential will also exist for creating a team to support you as the business grows.
- Develop and implement a Purchasing Strategy that achieves the target cost base
- Re-negotiation of all existing contracts to align with aforementioned Purchasing Strategy
- Monthly reporting to the Board on progress and cost savings achieved
- Where relevant, sourcing and contracting with new suppliers
- 3+ years in a Senior Purchasing Manager position
- Negotiation skills must be second to none
- Extensive experience in drafting and reviewing contracts
- A broad understanding of the electronics market would be extremely advantageous
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.