Our client are a leading engineering business based in the East Midlands region looking to recruit a new Chief Technology Officer to help deliver a range of significant IT projects over the next 3 years.
Role: Chief Technology Officer – Engineering
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £six figures + bonus scheme
Are you an IT expert that has strong experience in delivering complex IT projects? Have you worked in the engineering sector and are looking to work for an organisation who invests heavily in IT infrastructure? If so, this could be a great role for you.
About the company
Our client is a leading engineering business looking to become market leader in their niche sector over the next 5 years. With ambitious growth plans at the heart of their business strategy, they recognise they require a significant investment into their IT infrastructure as it needs to be substantially upgraded.
The business currently has 30 employees and locations across the East Midlands. They have a very open culture with the MD, (who started the business 25 years ago), always on the shop floor and engaging with all staff.
About the role
With the current incumbent due to retire, our client is looking for an ambitious individual who has the experience and know how to deliver challenging IT projects. You will be expected to lead a team of 4 IT specialists and frequent travel between the 2 East Midlands sites will be expected (circa an hour between both locations).
Reporting directly to the MD, you need to have excellent project management skills. There is a requirement to frequently report on project status, ensuring IT projects are delivered on time and budget.
- Managing multiple IT projects, delivering on time and on budget
- Leading a small team of IT specialists
- Project tracking and reporting at a Board level on a monthly basis
- Recommending efficient and effective solutions to IT challenges including corrective actions if projects are not performing to plan
- Minimum of 5 years IT senior management experience within an engineering organisation
- Proven delivery of complex IT projects on time and on budget
- Experience of managing £1m+ IT budgets
- Demonstrable leadership skills including developing and managing IT specialists.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Chief Technology Officer opportunity, then please click ‘Apply’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.