This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced civil engineer or architect to lead the new office our client is setting up as part of a nationwide expansion plan. It’s a wonderful opportunity to effectively be your own boss but with head office support, guidance, and investment.
Role: Associate Director – Civil Engineering, Architecture
Location: South West
Salary: £80k + excellent bonus scheme
If you’re a civil engineer or architect by trade and are looking to make that jump from junior management to senior management, then this could be the fantastic opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
About the company
Our client provide a range of high quality services focused on the planning and delivery of infrastructure projects to predominantly public sector organisations. These include councils, hospitals and schools. They have a very high reputation for the value they offer and pride themselves on achieving quality results for their clients.
Established in the 1990’s, our client are looking to embark on a significant expansion programme. Their existing head office is based in the South and they have historically done extremely well in London and the South East, including the M3 corridor. However, they are now looking to expand nationwide, beginning with the set-up of a new office in the South West.
About the role
As the Associate Director of the new office, you will be responsible for getting the office established with the right personnel and equipment whilst also identifying strategic business opportunities. Converting prospects will be a critical aspect of the role so some sales experience will be expected.
You will be given the freedom to run the office as you see fit, reporting back on the relevant KPIs on a weekly and monthly basis. Travel to the head office will be expected at least once a month for the regular board meeting where you will report on the region’s performance.
Ultimately you will be expected to grow the office and be responsible for managing people, but this will be determined by your P&L and how successfully you expand the client base.
- Developing and implementing a Strategic Sales plan for new business, identifying key prospects across the region and how to reach them
- Management of the general office
- Recruiting relevant personnel as required
- Weekly and monthly KPI reporting, including proposing corrective actions for any underperformance
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years experience of junior management civil engineering / architect roles
- Proven ability to self-generate leads and convert them
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong people leadership ability
- Commercial acumen and attention to detail must be outstanding
- Suitable qualifications and membership of a professional body such as ICE or RIBA
A fantastic remuneration package is available for the most suitable person, including significant salary increases upon achievement of specific targets.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting Associate Director opportunity, then please click ‘Apply for role’ today!
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
For more information on any of our roles, don’t hesitate to contact us.